Here are some pictures of Adelyn from the last 3 weeks.
Addie with mama!
Addie in her sling.
Addie getting some lovin from daddy.
Adelyn looking at the camera.
Adelyn doing her usual pirate pose.
Addie and her first bath time.
Today marks 3 weeks since Addie (Adelyn) came into the world! It is crazy how time flies. These last three weeks have been a blur. It probably has to do with the lack of sleep that I get. But it is worth it. Yesterday I woke up feeling pretty good. I even thought I could maybe start some laundry and put dirty dishes in the dishwasher. But my question is, "How does one do house work or even eat lunch with a new baby?" I really think that I don't have enough hands for it all... God should of let woman not only grow a child in 9 months but maybe an extra arm/hand too....
The last few weeks since we have come home with Adelyn we have made it through sleepless nights and I have been the breast feeding queen! But it hasn't been easy. I got really sick last week and because of that I was having a hard time breastfeeding and just relaxing. Due to that Addie was not getting all the milk she could get and so she was sucking sooo hard that she took off part of my nipple!! OUCH!! But I just kept going on with feeding her, even though it hurt! But last Thursday I had enough, so I went and saw a lactation consultant at Methodist Hospital and got things taken care of... So things are getting better! : ) I am really happy because there was a time during last week that I thought man if this is what motherhood is all about...I don't know if I can do this again...But things finally have started to get better in the nursing situation, so that is good. Thanks to all those people who were praying for me! I needed it!! And probably still do! Adelyn and I are still working at getting her to her birth weight. So lets pray that she gets there soon.
Otherwise motherhood is going well. She is becoming more alert during the day, so it is fun to just sit and let her stare at me! I think that she is beginning to focus a little better. Although she tends to go crossed eyed sometimes. Adelyn is a sweet baby and has been a real joy to have these last few weeks.
1 comment:
She is adorable, you guys! Can't wait to meet her! Glad the boob stuff got worked out - so strange how they go from being something you cover with a shirt everyday and don't pay a whole lot of attention to...to something that is life-giving and a constant reminder that you've got a baby! Good times...
Post a Comment